Google Home developers baked in some cool Easter Eggs. Try these if you want to have some fun with your smart assistant.
- Say “OK Google, I’m feeling lucky” to start up a multi-player game show.
- Say “OK Google, Give me a random number between (x) and (y)” to hear a random number between the two – with beeping sounds to boot.
- Ask it to “OK Google, Roll (insert number)-sided dice”: It’ll give you a random number, complete with sound effects.
- Say “OK Google, (Contact name) is my (relationship)” to ask Assistant to associate certain relationship information with a contact for future reference.
- Say “OK Google, Good morning” to hear a rundown of your day’s agenda, along with the current weather and news.
- Say “OK Google, Send a message to (Contact name) on (messaging service like WhatsApp)” to dictate a message to a contact.
- Say “OK Google, Wubba lubba dub dub” to get Assistant to respond with: “Are you in pain? How can I help?” or “Sorry, I don’t speak Birdperson” (a reference to the show Rick and Morty).
- Say “OK Google, Beatbox” to hear a clip of someone beat-boxing.
- Say “OK Google, sing a song” to hear a horrible, brief song.
- Say “OK Google, Read a poem” to hear a random poem from Google search.
- Say “OK Google, Tell me a joke” to hear an age-appropriate joke from Pixar.
There are simply too many to list. (Some are even yet to be discovered! )